Sep 16, 2010

Update(s)

Well, I'm gonna admit that I've been procrastinating ALOT so I did not get anything done.  But thats ok, I'm working on it as I'm typing right now.  Kind of.  Ok not really but I was working on it earlier before I came on. 

I don't know if I told you guys that I'm teaching a class too.  It's a thing my school has.  It's called Student Taught Classes.  Each student has to teach one during his/her four years in high school before he/she graduates.  Some examples of some past STC's are drumming, cooking, poetry, guitar, drawing, Japanese. There were a lot of talented people in the past.  I'm not saying that the kids we have NOW aren't talented but alot of the former seniors were really motivated.  And the class I'm teaching is called Short Story.  But it's a class to help you use your imagination.  I'm teaching it with a friend.  I'm like a co-teacher.  We had our first class today and we had the class think of something normally dull like, in our case, a dust speck.  Then they had to write a short story that made the dust speck way more interesting than it would usually be.  One student wrote a poem from the perspective of the vaccum, ready to take down the millions of dust specks.  Another wrote from the perspective of the dust speck itself.  It was really fun.  We have STC's every Thursday for five more days. 

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to the fair this weekend!!  I can't wait!!! :D  I hope you guys have something awesome planned for the weekend! Treat yourself good! Go see a movie or something!

Well, thats it for this post.  I better get to work on my Senior/Legacy/Directed Studies stuff.  Ahhh..but it seems like too much at the moment.  Maybe I'll surf the web before I do anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment